Sunday, July 30, 2006

Ear Cleaner (Crotalia Pyroglyphidae)


Illustration Friday: Clean

Crotalia Pyroglyphidae (Earring Mite)
Only found in northern europe, Crotalia Pyroglyphidae, or "Earring Mites", live inside of ears of warm blooded animals, most commonly domestic animals such as dogs and cows, and very often humans. They don't suck blood of their hosts - instead, eat various food sources found inside ears including cerumen(earwax) and dead skin cells, and thus called "ear cleaners" by some researchers. In a few very rare reported cases they grew larger than 1/10 of an inch and caused hearing problems and had to be removed surgically. They are also known to cause serious ear related allergic reactions. But in general Crotalia Pyroglyphidae are harmless symbiotic mites.

***

fine point felt pen on paper

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 7/30/06, 2:05 AM, Blogger TheTart said...

Ewwwwwww! But great lines.

Smooch,
The Tart

BTW ... I am gonna get my q-tips out and clean my ears!

 
At 7/30/06, 11:30 AM, Blogger Willie Baronet said...

Double ewwwwwwwwwwww.

Wait, I think I feel one of those crawling around now!

 
At 7/30/06, 11:26 PM, Blogger Bill Z said...

I third the ewwwwwwwwwwww!

but it's a good drawing and I like your others too

 
At 7/31/06, 12:27 AM, Blogger Aslan said...

kick ass!! jajajajajajajajaja love your humor! ohhh ooppss
fourth ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! :D

 
At 7/31/06, 6:19 AM, Blogger Tiger Mouse said...

Yuk yuk yuk yuk. I hope there aren't any of them in Australia. Good drawing though.

 
At 8/1/06, 1:58 PM, Blogger Tant C said...

Scary.. living in the northern Europe.. But it sounds good - ear cleaner ;)
I like!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home